Monday, February 16, 2009

Fluxions and Integral Calculus

Using my terminology a variable quanitity, x, depending on time is called a fluent; and its rate of change with time is said to be fluxions of the fluent. I also chose to use the notation o to represent infinitely small quantities.

Also through my discoveries in calculus i generalized the bionomial theorum for expanding expressions in the form (1+a)^n, with n being a positive integer, to the case where n is a fractional exponent, positive or negative, with the result being an infinte binomial series rather than a polynomial.

"No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess"

-Newton

Post Script

Gifted by nature with superior intellect, I was born at the time of Wren, Wallis, Barrow and others, I had already rendered the mathematical sciences flourished in England, and was able to recieve lessons from Barrow himself. I was much more priviaged than said discoverers who leech off of the ideas of my own and try to take credit for my discoveries. I have been said to have "laid the foundations of the grand theories at the age of twenty-five" and i believe i deserve to be credited with the full discovery.


1 comment:

  1. Well I am sorry you feel that way about me, and I know being four years younger and making self-acclaimed discoveries with no lessons may make you frustrated but the inventor deserves their credit and it is indeed as much yours as it is mine.
    We both made discoveries toward the progression of calculus and whether you like it or not I am acclaimed with the credit I deserve.

    "Nothing is more important than to see the sources of invention which are more interesting than the inventions themselves"
    -Leibniz

    ReplyDelete